Tips & troubleshooting
Logging in to your account
To log in to your Marketplace account, you’ll need your username and password. Protect your account even more by getting a unique security code each time you log in. This makes it harder for someone to get into your account, if they get your password.
If you forgot them or can’t log in, follow these steps.
If you forgot your password or username
Forgot your password
- Select the “Forgot your password?” link on the log in page and follow the directions.
- Can’t remember the email address you used to set up your account? Check if you kept a record of that email address. If you can’t access the email account, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- Correct password not working? We occasionally need to reset passwords to protect your personal information. If you’re sure you entered it correctly but it’s not working, select the “Forgot your password?” link on the log in page and follow the directions.
Forgot your username
- If you created your account after February 2014, your username is probably your email address. If you created it before then, it’s probably not.
- Here are the requirements for usernames:
- It must be between 5-74 characters
- It can include letters and numbers
- It can contain one of these symbols, as long as it’s not the last character in the username: _ . @ / -
- If you still can’t remember, select the "Forgot your username?" link on the log in page and follow the directions.
If you forgot the answers to your security questions
- When you created your account, you selected security questions that only you know the answers to. If you forget your password or username, we’ll ask you these questions.
- If you can’t remember the answers, contact the Marketplace Call Center to unlock your account. After we verify who you are, we’ll send a password reset email within 24 hours.
If you didn’t get a security code
- If you set up more than one way to get security codes, you can pick another way to get your code and log in.
- If you get security codes by email, check your spam for junk folder. Look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take a few minutes to get the email message. You can also request to get a new code. After a few minutes, if you still don’t get an email with your security code, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- If you replied “STOP” to opt-out of getting text messages with your security code, text START to 1-888-486-3063, and then log in. You can then select “Security code settings” to remove your mobile phone number, so you no longer get text messages for your security codes.
- Did you change your phone number, mobile phone provider, or email? Contact the Marketplace Call Center for help logging in. Once you log into your account, select “Security code settings” to change or remove any old emails or phone numbers.
If your security code doesn’t work
- Remember, security codes expire. They only work for 5 minutes.
- You can request to get a new code. If your new code doesn’t work, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
If you still can't access your account
- Contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- Make sure you have your username. We may ask for your full name, date of birth, and two more pieces of information — like your Social Security Number, application ID number, full address, or phone number — to verify who you are.