Tips & troubleshooting
Creating an account
Follow these 6 steps to create your Marketplace account online:
- Get started by entering some basic information, like your name, address, and email.
- Choose a username and password.
- Create and answer security questions for added protection. We’ll use these if we ever have to verify who you are.
- You may want to write your answers down and keep them in a very secure place so you don’t forget them.
- Click "Create Account."
- Set up additional protection to your account by getting a unique security code each time you log in. You can choose to get codes by text message, email, or phone call.
- Verify your identity by answering questions based on information in your credit report. This will prevent other people from creating an account in your name.
When you answer enough questions correctly, you'll be able to continue. If your identity still can't be verified online, you'll get a message telling you what to do next.