If you've enrolled in a plan for 2018 and want to change it, you can do so any time before December 15. Your new plan will take effect January 1, 2018.
How to change your 2018 plan by December 15
- Log in, select your 2018 application, and choose "My Plans & Programs."
- Click on "Change Plans" to see other available plans.
- Click "Change Health Plan" to select a new plan. Finish all steps to complete your enrollment.
How to cancel your 2018 insurance plan without replacing it
- If you'll be automatically enrolled for 2018: Log in, select your 2017 application, select 'My Plans & Programs," then select "Stop coverage for 2017."
- If you won’t be automatically enrolled: Log in and select your 2018 application. Choose "My Plans & Programs," and click the red "End (Terminate) All Coverage" button.
How to change plans for the rest of 2017
You can change your health plan for the rest of 2017 only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period due to a certain life event — like losing health coverage, getting married, or having a baby. See if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
You can also contact the Marketplace Call Center and a representative will help you change plans.