If you've enrolled in a plan for 2017 and want to change it, you can do so any time before January 31, 2017.
Deadlines for changing 2017 plans
- Change plans by January 15, and your new plan will take effect February 1.
- Change plans by January 31, and your new plan will take effect March 1.
- After January 31, you can change 2017 plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
How to change your 2017 plan
- Log in, select your 2017 application, and choose "My Plans & Programs."
- Click on "Change Plans" to see other available plans.
- Click "Change Health Plan" to select a new plan. Finish all steps to complete your enrollment.
Be sure to check your coverage dates.
If your new plan has the same effective date as your old plan: Coverage from your old plan is cancelled when your new coverage starts.
If the new plan has a different effective date: You'll stay covered by your old plan until the day before your new coverage starts (if you continue paying your premiums).