Begin highlighted text
Want to change health plans for 2021?
You can change Marketplace health coverage February 15 through May 15 due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) emergency.
You can also still change 2021 health plans any time if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period due to a life event like losing other coverage, getting married, moving, or having a baby. You usually have 60 days from the life event to enroll in a new plan, but you should report your change as soon as possible.
End highlighted text
How to change plans with a Special Enrollment Period
- Log in to your Marketplace account.
- Choose your active application under "Your Existing Applications."
- Select "Report a Life Change" from the left-hand menu.
- Read through the list of changes, and click "Report a Life Change" to get started.
- Select the kind of change you want to report.
- Navigate through the application to report your change. If your new eligibility results show that you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you can then shop for plans and enroll in a different one.
- Complete all required steps on your online To-Do list. Depending on your eligibility, you may have options to enter your tax credit amount or answer questions about enrollment preferences. Finish the "Final Review" task to complete your update or new enrollment.
Contact the Marketplace Call Center and a representative will help you.
How to cancel your insurance plan without replacing it
You can cancel your Marketplace plan any time, but there are important things to consider:
- No one plans to get sick or hurt, but bad things happen — even to healthy people. Having medical debt can really limit your options. If you're paying for every medical service yourself, you may make some health care decisions based on money instead of what's best for your health.
- Learn more about the benefits of health coverage.
To cancel your plan: Learn how to cancel your coverage.