WANT TO CHANGE HEALTH PLANS FOR 2018?
Open Enrollment is over. You can still change 2018 health plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period due to having a life event — like changing jobs, getting married, or having a baby. You usually have 60 days from the life event to enroll in a new plan, but you should report your change as soon as possible.
FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY TO CHANGE PLANS
How to change plans with a Special Enrollment Period
- Log in to your Marketplace account.
- Click the green button "Start a new application or update an existing one."
- Choose your active application under "Your existing applications."
- Select "Report a life change" from the left-hand menu.
- Read through the list of changes, and click "Report a life change" to get started.
- Select the kind of change you want to report.
- Navigate through the application to report your change. If your new eligibility results show that you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you can then shop for plans and enroll in a different one.
- Complete all required steps on your online To-Do list. Depending on your eligibility, you may have options to enter your tax credit amount or answer questions about enrollment preferences. Finish the "Final review" task to complete your update or a new enrollment.
Contact the Marketplace Call Center and a representative will help you.
How to cancel your insurance plan without replacing it
You can cancel your Marketplace plan any time, but there are important things to consider:
- No one plans to get sick or hurt, but bad things happen — even to healthy people. Having medical debt can really limit your options. If you're paying for every medical service yourself, you may make some health care decisions based on money instead of what's best for your health.
- Learn more about the benefits of health coverage.
To cancel your plan: Learn how to cancel your coverage.