Life change? You may be eligible for health coverage for the rest of 2020
Published on September 3, 2020
If you recently lost health coverage, got married, had a baby, or experienced another
What counts as a life event?
There are 4 basic types of qualifying life events:
- Loss of health coverage, like losing your job-based or student health plan
- Changes in household, like getting married or divorced, having a baby, or adopting a child
- Changes in residence, like moving to a different ZIP code or state
- Other changes that impact your income or status, like gaining membership in a federally recognized tribe
How to apply with a Special Enrollment Period
- Not sure you qualify? Answer a few questions to see if you can still enroll in or change a plan for 2020.
- If you’re eligible, start an application for the first time or log into an existing account to get started.
Learn more about applying for Marketplace coverage through a Special Enrollment Period.