Now that Open Enrollment is over, see health insurance options
Published on January 16, 2022
If you missed the January 15 deadline for 2022 coverage, you may still be able to get or change 2022 coverage 2 ways: with a
See if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
- If you have certain life events, like losing health coverage, moving, getting married, or having a baby, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period to enroll in or change a Marketplace plan for 2022.
- See the full list of life changes that may qualify. Or, answer a few questions about your situation to get an idea.
See if you’re eligible for Medicaid or CHIP
- Medicaid and CHIP provide free or low-cost health coverage to millions of Americans, including some low-income people, families and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
- Medicaid and CHIP don't have Open Enrollment Periods, so if you’re eligible, you can enroll any time.
- To see if you may qualify, enter your ZIP code and get an estimate.