How to appeal a Marketplace decision
Getting help with your appeal
Get help in your area
Find someone in your area who may be able to help you file an appeal, answer questions about the appeals process, and provide unbiased help.
Appoint an authorized representative for your appeal
You can choose to have someone you trust (like a family member, friend, advocate, or attorney) act on your behalf for your appeal by giving them permission to be your
If you appoint an authorized representative, they'll be the main contact during your appeal. All communications about your appeal will go to your authorized representative, not you. They’re responsible for:
- Providing information and documents
- Returning phone calls, attending conferences, and any other actions for your appeal
- Telling the Marketplace Appeals Center what you want to do once you have appeal results, like what plan you want to enroll in
How to appoint a representative
You can appoint an authorized representative as part of your appeal request.
If you already filed your appeal, you can still appoint a representative. You can:
- Download and fill out a form.
- Call the Marketplace appeals Center at 1-855-231-1751 to ask us to mail you the form.
- Write a letter. It must include:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- Your appeal number (if you have one)
- A statement appointing someone as your representative
- The name, address, and phone number of your representative
- A statement allowing the Marketplace Appeals Center to discuss your appeal with your representative
- Your signature and the date you signed the request
Then mail or fax your completed form or letter to:
- Mail: Authorized Representative Request
Marketplace Appeals Center
P.O. Box 311
Pittston, PA 18640
- Secure fax: 1-877-369-0129
Getting help in a language other than English
You have the right to get help and information about appeals and other Marketplace issues in your language at no cost. To talk to an interpreter, call 1-800-318-2596.