2017 Marketplace plan with premium tax credits
You must file a federal tax return for 2017 — even if you usually don't file or your income is below the level requiring you to.
1. Find your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement
Don’t file your 2017 taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A.
2. Make sure your 1095-A is correct — and if not, call us
Make sure the premium for your second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP) is correct. If it’s not, use our tax tool
to get your SLCSP.
3. Fill out Form 8962 to "reconcile"
- Use the information from your 1095-A to fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit.
- Use Form 8962 to “reconcile” your premium tax credit —compare the amount you used in 2017 to lower your monthly insurance payment with the actual premium tax credit you qualify for based on your final 2017 income. Any difference will affect your refund or tax owed.
- Get a step-by-step guide to reconciling your premium tax credit.
4. Attach Form 8962 when you file your federal income tax return
Don't attach your 1095-A to your return. Keep Form 8962 with your other tax documents.
Tax forms and guides
More than one coverage status?
If you were enrolled in a Marketplace plan with premium tax credits for only part of 2017, or other household members had different coverage, visit these pages for enrollment in: