More Details If You...
Taxes, Fees & Exemptions
You will NOT get Form 1095-A unless you or someone in your household had Marketplace coverage for all or part of 2017.
FYI: Uncovered for less than 3 months? If you didn’t have health coverage for only 1 or 2 consecutive months of the year, you may not have to pay the fee. Learn more about this exemption.
- Exemptions are available based on a number of situations, including certain hardships, some life events, health coverage or financial status, and membership in some groups.
- Learn more about health coverage exemptions.
- See if any 2017 exemptions work for you by using our exemptions tool. You can also use our tax tool to get the information needed to claim an affordability exemption.
- If you did not have health coverage in 2017 and don’t qualify for a health coverage exemption, you may have to pay a penalty when you file your federal tax return.
- Learn more about the penalty for not having coverage.
If you weren't enrolled in any health coverage for only part of 2017, or other family members had different coverage, visit the relevant pages below.
See what to do for: