2017 taxes & the Health Insurance Marketplace®
Other health coverage for 2017
If you had coverage through Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or another source. Depending on the coverage you had, you may get Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, to help you complete your taxes.
1. If you got a Form 1095-B
- Read Parts III and IV to find information about:
- Your 2017 insurance coverage
- Covered individuals and the months they had coverage
2. Complete your tax return
If you and your dependents had
- Check the “Full-year coverage” box on your federal income tax form. You can find it on:
- If you got Form 1095-B or 1095-C, don't include it with your tax return. Save it with your other tax documents.
Tax forms and instructions:
- Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (PDF, 182 KB) and Form 1040 instructions (PDF, 3 MB)
- Form 1040A, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return (PDF, 138 KB) and Form 1040A instructions (PDF, 2.5 MB)
- Form 1040EZ, Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers With No Dependents (PDF, 115 KB) and Form 1040EZ instructions (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Questions and answers about Forms 1095-B or 1095-C from the IRS
More than one coverage status?
If you were enrolled in other health coverage for only part of 2017, or other household members had different coverage, visit these for enrollment in: