If you had coverage through Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or another source. Depending on the coverage you had, you may get Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, to help you complete your taxes.
- You should have it by mid-March.
- Read Parts III and IV to find information about:
- Your 2017 insurance coverage
- Covered individuals and the months they had coverage
If you and your dependents had qualifying health coverage for all of 2017:
- Check the “Full-year coverage” box on your federal income tax form.
- If you got Form 1095-B or 1095-C, don't include it with your tax return. Save it with your other tax documents.
If you were enrolled in other health coverage for only part of 2017, or other family members had different coverage, visit the relevant pages below.
See what to do for: