Other health coverage
This page applies if you bought a plan outside the Marketplace or were covered by Medicare, Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or another source.
Depending on what kind of coverage you had, you may get Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, to help you complete your taxes.
IMPORTANT If you don’t receive the form, don’t worry. Some insurance providers don’t provide the form to their customers. You don’t need to have one to file your taxes.
If you receive Form 1095-B
- You should have it by the first week in April.
- Read Parts III and IV to find information about:
- Your 2015 insurance coverage
- Covered individuals and the months they had coverage
Complete your tax return:
If you and your dependents had qualifying health coverage for all of 2015:
- Check the “Full-year coverage” box on your federal income tax form.
- Don't delay filing your taxes only because you didn't get Form 1095-B or 1095-C.
- If you got Form 1095-B or 1095-C, don't include it with your tax return. Save it along with your other tax documents.
Health care tax resources
Tax forms and instructions:
If you had this type of coverage for only part of 2015
See what to do if: