If you had other health coverage

If you had coverage through Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or another source, depending on the coverage you had, you may get Form 1095-B, Health Coverage, to help you complete your taxes.

1. If you get Form 1095-B

  • You should have it by mid-March.
  • Read Parts III and IV to find information about:
    • Your 2022 insurance coverage
    • Covered individuals and the months they had coverage

2. Complete your tax return

If you and your dependents had
for all of 2022:
  • Check the “Full-year coverage” box on your federal income tax form. You can find it on Form 1040 (PDF, 147 KB).
  • If you got Form 1095-B or 1095-C, don't include it with your tax return. Save it with your other tax documents.

Health care tax resources

Tax forms and instructions:

More than one coverage status?

If you were enrolled in other health coverage for only part of 2022, or other family members had different coverage, visit the relevant pages below.
Learn what to do for: