If you had a Marketplace plan with premium tax credits
Find your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement
- Find it in your HealthCare.gov account (select your 2021 application, not your 2022 application, and select "Tax Forms" from the menu on the left). You’ll also get a copy by U.S. Mail.
- Can't find it? Get help finding your 1095-A.
- IMPORTANT: Don’t file your 2021 taxes until you have an accurate 1095-A.
- Learn how to use your 1095-A.
Make sure your 1095-A is correct — and if not, call us
- Verify basic information about your health plan and household members on Parts I and II of the form. See errors? Contact the Marketplace Call Center.
- Make sure the premium for your second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP) is correct. See how to check your SLCSP.
- If it’s not, use our tax tool when it’s available later in January to get your SLCSP.
Fill out Form 8962 to "reconcile"
- Use the information from your 1095-A to fill out Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit.
- Use Form 8962 to “reconcile” your premium tax credit — compare the amount you used in 2021 to lower your monthly insurance payment with the actual premium tax credit you qualify for based on your final 2021 income. Any difference will affect your refund or tax owed.
- See a step-by-step guide to reconciling your premium tax credit.
Attach Form 8962 when you file your federal income tax return
- But don't attach your 1095-A to your return. Keep it with your other tax documents.
Health care tax resources
Tax guides and tools
- Guide to using Form 1095-A
- IRS information on Form 1095-A
- Step-by-step guide to reconciling your premium tax credit
- Health coverage tax tool (use when it’s available later in January only if your SLCSP is missing or wrong)
Tax forms & instructions
More than one coverage status?
If you were enrolled in a Marketplace plan with premium tax credits for only part of 2021, or other family members had different coverage, visit the relevant pages below.
See what to do for: