If you had job-based health coverage
Depending on the kind of job-based coverage you had (including COBRA or retiree coverage), you may get one of these from your employer or insurance company:
- Form 1095-B, Health Coverage
- Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage
Enrolled in coverage through the SHOP Marketplace? The SHOP Marketplace doesn’t provide 1095 tax forms. Contact your employer or your insurance company with questions.
If you don’t get either form, don’t worry. Some employers don’t provide either form to their employees. You don’t need one to file your taxes.
If you receive Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C
- You should have it by mid-March.
- Read Parts II and IV on Form 1095-B or Parts II and III on Form 1095-C to find information about:
- Your job-based insurance offer and 2021 coverage
- Covered individuals and the months they had coverage
- More about Forms 1095-B and 1095-C from the IRS.
Complete your tax return
Health care tax resources
Tax forms and instructions:
1095-B and 1095-C information
More than one coverage status?
If you were enrolled in job-based health coverage for only part of 2021, or other family members had different coverage, visit the relevant pages below.
See what to do for: