An official website of the United States government

Here's how you know

If you had job-based health coverage

Depending on the kind of job-based coverage you had (including COBRA or retiree coverage), you may get one of these from your employer or insurance company:
  • Form 1095-B, Health Coverage
  • Form 1095-C, Employer-Provided Health Insurance Offer and Coverage
  • Enrolled in coverage through the SHOP Marketplace?
    The SHOP Marketplace doesn’t provide 1095 tax forms. Contact your employer or your insurance company with questions.
  • If you don’t get either form, don’t worry.
    Some employers don’t provide either form to their employees. You don’t need one to file your taxes.

1. If you receive Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C

  • You should have it by mid-March.
  • Read Parts II and IV on Form 1095-B or Parts II and III on Form 1095-C to find information about:
    • Your job-based insurance offer and 2022 coverage
    • Covered individuals and the months they had coverage
  • Get more details about Forms 1095-B and 1095-C from the IRS.

2. Complete your tax return

Health care tax resources

Tax forms and instructions:

1095-B and 1095-C information

More than one coverage status?

If you were enrolled in job-based health coverage for only part of 2022, or other family members had different coverage, visit the relevant pages below.
Learn what to do for: