Open Enrollment is over: What are your options?
Published on January 16, 2023
If you missed the January 15 deadline for Marketplace coverage for 2023, you may still have options. You might qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, or you can apply for health coverage through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
Find out if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period
- You may be able to enroll in 2023 Marketplace coverage during a Special Enrollment Period if you have limited income, or if you had certain life events, like:
- Losing qualifying health coverage
- Getting married
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Review the list of life events that may qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period
- Answer a few questions about your situation to learn if you may qualify
Find out if you’re eligible for Medicaid or CHIP
- Medicaid and CHIP are free or low-cost health programs that cover things like hospital stays, doctor services, and prescription drugs for children and some adults, including people with low income, pregnant people, and people with disabilities.
- You can apply for Medicaid and CHIP any time.
- Find out if you may qualify.