Preventive services you don’t want to skip
Published on April 20, 2023
Now that you have Marketplace coverage, take advantage of the many free preventive services to help you stay healthy and get the care you need. Getting these services and making healthy lifestyle choices are key steps to good health and well-being. Check with your doctor to find out what services are right for you.
What are preventive services?
- Marketplace insurance plans cover preventive services for free when they’re delivered by a doctor or other provider in your plan’s .
- Preventive services include screenings, check-ups, and patient counseling. These services are used to prevent illnesses, disease, and other health problems, or to detect illness at an early stage when treatment is likely to work best.
Common preventive services
- Blood pressure screenings
- Cholesterol screenings (for certain ages and people at high risk)
- Depression screenings
- Obesity screenings and counseling