Begin highlighted text
Still need health coverage for 2021?
You can still get 2021 health insurance these 2 ways:
End highlighted text
If you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period due to a life event like losing other coverage, getting married, moving, or having a baby. You may also be able to enroll now if you got or were approved to get unemployment compensation in 2021. (The Marketplace will follow up with you shortly after you submit your application if you’re eligible for this Special Enrollment Period.) If eligible, you may qualify for help paying for coverage, even if you weren’t eligible in the past. Learn more about lower costs.
If you qualify for Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). You can apply for these programs any time.
If you're a freelancer, an entrepreneur, a part-time worker, or self-employed, you have a few coverage options that work well for independent careers and lifestyles.
- If you leave a job for any reason and lose job-based insurance: You can buy an insurance plan any time of year, even if it's outside Open Enrollment. A plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace® can be a lot more affordable than COBRA coverage. You have 60 days from when the insurance ends to enroll. Learn about your options when you lose job-based insurance.
- If you have income that’s hard to predict: You can apply with your best estimate of what you expect to make for the year. Your savings will be based on that estimate. When your income changes, you can update your application to adjust your coverage and savings. Learn about filling out an application when your income's hard to predict.
- If you're self-employed or starting a solo business with little income: You'll probably qualify for low-cost insurance or free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid. When your income increases, you can adjust or change your coverage to make sure you're getting only the savings you qualify for.
Preview 2021 plans, with prices based on your estimated income. You don't need to log in or even give us your name to check the plans out.
Apply once, see your insurance choices and costs
Fill out just one Health Insurance Marketplace® application to find out if you qualify for:
- An insurance plan with savings based on your income. You'll see how much you'll save immediately. You may save on out-of-pocket costs too, meaning you'll have a lower deductible and pay less each time you get care.
- You can pick a "Catastrophic" health plan — a way to protect yourself from worst-case scenarios.
- One catch: If someone claims you as a tax dependent, you can buy a plan through the Marketplace but won’t qualify for savings based on your income.
- Free or low-cost coverage through Medicaid. If you have children, you’ll find out if they qualify for coverage through the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- If your state has expanded Medicaid coverage, you can qualify based on your income alone — in most states that have expanded, that’s about $17,608 or less for a single person, about $23,791 or less for a married couple with no children. Do a quick check here.